Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wednesday Core, Thursday swim

Finally starting to feel better! I think I have my legs back after Sunday's long run.
Last night (Wednesday) we had Core outside on the track, my favorite workout! We did some warmup laps, then did a mile for time. I went out a little too fast, but ended up at 6:35. I think with a little more practice, I can shave about 10-15 seconds off of that.
After the mile I did a circuit with the group and then had some wings at the Lone Spur.
This morning I made it to the pool, which is a little unusual because I typically go on Tuesday mornings. I went on Thursday because I was still recovering on Tuesday from the long run and the class was at a different pool due to spring break. The swim felt good this morning, we did mostly short reps, longest was 100 yards. We kind of alternated fast/slow, which reminds me of the run/walk workouts I've been doing on the weekends.
Swimming on Thursdays after a long (3 hours+) weekend run seems like a good idea since my body needs 2-3 days to fully recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment