Friday, April 30, 2010

Monday 4/26 Hills

We didn't have Core tonight because the center was closed, but a few of us met for hills anyway.
The calendar called for Ford Road hills, 5 miles with a 7:00/mile pace going up the hills. Some of the hills on Ford are nasty, probably around 50 yards long.
It was a nice evening and I felt pretty good. I am in the early weeks of a new job, so I didn't have time to lift weights. So I was raring to go on the run!
I decided early to do a light jog while not going up hills, but when I started an incline I'd turn on the jets. The first few hills weren't too bad, but of course as time went on the 7 minute pace was difficult to hold onto. I tried to keep up the pace for about 10 steps once I got to the top of the hill.
Looking at my Garmin data, it's tough to see if I held this pace for all the hills, but I'd say I was close. Overall I felt very good.
Stats: 5.16 miles, 44:24, pace 8:36/mile, 765 calories burnt

No comments:

Post a Comment