Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Recovery Tuesday

Tuesday's run was an easy 3-4 miles. I felt better with another day removed from the Sunday run/walk adventure. But I wasn't quite 100% back yet.
The first half mile or so was very sluggish. My legs just didn't have the bounce that they usually do for these short runs. I was thinking that even though the run was short, it would seem like it'd take forever.
But after that first half mile, things loosened up and I felt somewhat back to normal. There were a few hills and those were challenging, even at a slow pace. By the end of the 4 mile run, I felt like I was at about 85% of "normal," whereas at the beginning of the run I was at about 70%.
I am doubtful that I could have as successful of a weekend run this weekend as I did on Sunday given the state of my legs right now. I'm hoping it goes back down to two hours, but we'll see what Bill says. I surprised myself last time, so anything's possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment