Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Tuesday/Wednesday

After Tuesday morning's swim, it was a little difficult to find motivation to get out and run later in the day. But the weather here in Minnesota has been beautiful lately, so that helped. I ran from home through the neighborhood on a familiar route. Turned out to be just over four miles, as I was scheduled for 3-4 easy miles. I just looked at my Garmin and I averaged 8:33/mile. A little faster than my long runs, but it was pretty flat and I felt good.
Tonight we had Core, and I got there early for the straightaway workout. I walked two laps because I felt a little sluggish. I did two jogging warm-up laps after that and felt better going into the workout. I did 12 straightaway runs at a 5K perceived pace (6 total laps, about a mile). It was kind of hot in the gym, so I was sweating like crazy.
Then I went down to the weight room for the normal routine, already nice and warmed up.
At 6pm it was time for ALARC Core. I was a student today, which is always great (vs coaching). Harley led us through a good workout followed by stretching. Then we went to the Spur to celebrate St. Patrick's Day :)
I'm thinking of maybe swimming tomorrow, not running, and doing the long weekend run on Friday because I'm out of town this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment