Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Tuesday swimming and hiccup

I don't think I'll ever get used to setting my alarm for 4:40am. But this is what I do on Monday nights for Tuesday's 5:15am swim.
My body felt a little beat up after Saturday's tough run, Sunday's easy run, and Monday's Core session. I was hoping a good night's sleep would make me feel better.
Hearing the alarm at 4:40am was rough, but I felt good. I made it to the pool after a quick breakfast of peanut butter on a bread roll (whole wheat) and a strong cup of coffee. It turned out to be a very strong swim. I was "beating" all the posted times for the 100 and 150 yard drills. This felt great because I fell short on them last week. Everything was clicking yesterday.
So the plan was to go home, do some work, go to a 1pm meeting, and get a run in afterward. Everything was going according to plan until I got home from the meeting. It was about 3pm, I did some stuff around the house and sat down on the couch. Big mistake! I ended up taking an accidental 2 hour nap, probably because I was up so early. I woke up as the sun was going down, as was the rain. Lindbergh was closed due to a basketball game, so I couldn't do a run inside. I didn't feel completely safe doing an outdoor run in the rain and darkness. Plus I was still sleepy from the nap.
So my first hiccup in my marathon schedule. But at least I got a workout done in the morning. So today I'll do 3-4 easy miles before ALARC Core.
Notes to self - be wary of the Tuesday-after-swimming-nap, and keep updated on the Lindbergh schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment