Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wednesday-Thursday

Feeling guilty about missing my run on Tuesday, I got to Lindbergh a little early on Wednesday to get in a few miles before Core.
I did 20 laps, which is about 3.3 miles. Felt great, piece of cake. I didn't have time to do weights before Core, but that's ok. I didn't coach, so as usual I got a better Core workout when that's the case. I skipped a few sets of stairs since I was a little tired from the run before the session. Overall a good workout. Then, of course, we went to the Lone Spur afterward for a reward. Two small beers and six wings. Oh, and about 20 chips with salsa.
Tonight (Thursday) I went to Lindbergh for the "straightaway" workout. Two laps walking, two laps, jogging, then it was time to go to work. Lindbergh has a rectangular track, with about 80 yard straightaways and 40 yard ends. I did a 5K pace down the straightaways and a slow jog on the short ends. I did 10 total straightaways, after I clarified with Coach Bill that the it wasn't laps, it was straightaway lengths, which obviously cuts the workout in half.
I was done with the warmup, workout, and cooldown in about 15 minutes, so with the extra time I got in the weight workout I missed yesterday. I usually start with weights, so doing it after running was different. I needed an extra deep breath or two in between sets.
Looking forward to a full day off tomorrow! Resting up for the Irish For A Day 10 miler on Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment