Sunday, March 7, 2010

The plan for today called for 4-6 easy miles. I was busy most of the day with a project, so I went to Lindbergh to do the run inside at about 7pm. Kind of a shame because it was one of the nicest/warmest days of the year.
It was slow going for the first few laps, I could feel yesterday's run in my legs still tonight. But I felt much better as the run went on. I took it nice and easy - after all, the run called for "easy" miles.
The track at Lindbergh is about 1/6 of a mile per lap, so I planned to do 30 laps. For you math majors out there, that makes 5 miles. I took a water break every 10 laps, so I stopped twice for about 90 seconds each. Throughout the 5 miles, it felt like I was coasting the whole way, letting my mind wander. Definitely a different experience than yesterday's intense repeats.
Quick note - as I was walking up the ramp to the gym, I felt a slight twinge in my inner left hip. Nothing too painful, but noticeable. It went away quickly into the run, but it came back as I completed the 5 miles. Then it went away again as quickly as it arrived. Time to stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment