Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day hills

Monday is hill day, and we didn't have Core class due to the holiday. So I was on my own tonight, but that's OK.
I'm still a little tired from Saturday's 18+ miles, so I really didn't feel like the 45 second "sprints" up Yugo hill. So I went over to the park along Ford Road to do about 4 miles of hills. Right away I could tell that my legs were still sore from Saturday, but they felt better after a couple miles.
My stomach was reminding/punishing me from my Jimmy John's dinner a couple hours earlier (and a cookie). I kind of felt gross at the halfway point but gutted (pun intended) it out for a couple more miles.
I didn't feel like I had a lot of speed in my legs tonight, so I just tried to maintain a steady pace of about 8:30 miles. The usual workout calls for a 7:30/mile pace up the hill on Ford Road. Maybe next week.
I decided during the run today that I need some pictures of these regular running spots for the blog. Maybe sometime I'll bike around with my camera and take some shots. This blog looks a little boring without photographic documentation and pizazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment