Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mile for time, Wednesday track

I've started tapering for Grandma's so I was a little unsure as to what workout to do today. Last week I did 14 quarter miles on the track, so I thought I'd dial it back a bit.
What better time to check where my speed is at, after a couple months of training?
I suggested the group do a mile for time, and about ten of us lined up at the starting line (actually 9 meters behind it). My previous best was 6:35. I've been doing 90 second quarter-miles, so I wondered how close I could get to 6 minutes. Who knows, maybe even under six!
I ended up doing a 6:09, and was very happy with it. I was completely exhausted after it, but I think I left a few seconds out there on the track. So maybe my post-marathon goal can be a sub-six mile. We'll see, after Grandma's.
After the mile, I took a long time to catch my breath and rest. Then I joined the circuit group for some pushups and ab work.

No comments:

Post a Comment