Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wednesday 4/19 track, core

The plan for today called for 12 x 400 @ 1:30. So I got to the track around 6pm, and found out that there was a lacrosse game at 6:30pm, and the coach wanted the track clear by 6:30. No other teams have had a problem with us being out there, but I guess the teams/schools paid to be out there, so I don't have issues with this.
So I only had half an hour to get warmed up and get as many quarter miles in as possible in 30 minutes. I managed to get six or seven reps in before the time expired (there was literally a countdown on the scoreboard). I trimmed down the usual recovery from a full lap to half a lap.
With a maintainable effort (one that I could hold for about 10-12 reps) I was able to achieve an average of about 1:27 per repeat. There was a definite difference between today and about a month ago when I started these quarter mile repeats. With the same level of effort, maybe a little less, I'm trimming 3-4 seconds off my splits. Good confidence builder!
I finished the workout by joining the Core group for the final two circuits, without the running. I was still pretty winded. Then we went off to the Spur for a great dinner of wings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment