Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tuesday-Wednesday, Rest-ALARC Core

Tuesday was a good resting day after three straight days of running and circuits. I slept well and felt great going into Wednesday's ALARC Core session.
I was running a bit late to the gym on Wednesday but still wanted to get the lifting in before circuits. I typically do a little more in the weight room on Wednesdays because I don't have to coach on those days.
So on this day I did the Men's Health workout with two 25 pound dumbbells. The first exercise was 10 curls followed by 12 reps of holding the dumbbells in front of my knees and bending over at the waist, lowering the weights about halfway down my shins. I repeated this routine twice more.
The second set was standing overhead presses (again with the 25 pounders), one at a time, left/right 12 reps each. This was followed by 25 swinging exercises where you hold one dumbbell at arm's length with both hands directly in front of you, bend your knees and swing it between your thighs. The trick is to pause at the top, not just swing back and forth. I'm completely tuckered after these 25 reps. The program has me only repeating this set one more time, so I'm happy when it's over!
Then I went upstairs for ALARC Core. I did not coach, so I was happy to just be a "student." We had a pretty good workout, it went a little long so we didn't have time to do our third set of push-ups. But we had plenty of ab and weight work.
Then we went to the Lone Spur for wings and beers. We earned it!
I'm thinking of doing 3-4 miles today (Thursday) and around 10 this weekend with a friend. Let's hope the weather warms up, it's freezing out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment